AREC Department Specific Information
- Web Email Access: https://email.umd.edu
- For information about how to set up mobile devices, please visit the University IT page with Exchange documentation.
- See Jeff Cunningham to have email forwarded.
Purchase Stata Student Editions: http://stata.com/order/students/
To install Stata Addons for Stata on the AREC server:
Create a directory on your H: drive called ADO
Within Stata set the directory where the files will be installed, use this
command: net set ado dirname
e.g. net set ado h:\ado
Then install packages.
Add a command to your all your Stata programs that will use that addon
to set the path to look in that folder: adopath + h:\ado
Download R: http://www.r-project.org/
- How do I contact the University Office of Information Technology Help Desk?
- Phone: 301-405-1500
- Where do I go to purchase the discounted software that is available to faculty, staff, and students?
- Visit the UMD Software Distribution web site for more information.
- What anti-virus program do you recommend?
- Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows based computers and ClamXav for Apple computers. Please visit the OIT Knowledge Base web page about anti-virus programs for more information.
- Where is the Terrapin Technology Store?
- Stamp Student Union, Ground Floor, Room 0203
- Phone: 301-314-7000
- Where can I find information about educational discounts for purchasing Dell and Apple computers?
- Where can I find information about the campus wireless network?
- Networking and Telecommunication, Office of Information Technology
- Guest Wireless Accounts Information
- Secure Wireless Connections
- Where can I find information about discounts for cellular phone plans?