College of Agriculture & Natural Resources
Agricultural & Resource Economics

Change into the AREC major

Current students interested in changing into the AREC major or wish to speak with someone about the major, will need to follow the directions below.  

  1. Send an email to
  2. Review your unofficial transcript and the AREC major degree requirements. List all remaining prerequisite courses and CORE or General Education requirements on the Interest form.
  3. Print the Interest form and bring to the workshop. Failure to bring the Interest form completely filled in to your appointment will result in the advisor not meeting with you. You will be required to attend another workshop.
  4. Attend an AGNR Change of Major workshop. You can schedule a workshop online. 
  5. The Advisor will provide the four year plan template upon request after the appointment. You must submit a four year plan and have the plan approved by the Advisor.

**Important to remember: 

  • You are only required to complete steps 1-5 if you want to change into the AREC major.
  • It can take up to two weeks to process the major change.


Maintained by the IET Department of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources. © 2017.