Although crop insurance may be available on a majority of crops in Maryland, products may not be available in all areas of the state. The Risk Management Agency (RMA) provides an overview of how a producer can request crop insurance when coverage is not available in his/her area. To view Requesting Insurance Not Available in Your County, click here.
Crop Insurance Fact Sheets
- Beyond Crop Insurance: Overview of the 2012 Disaster Assistance by Paul Goeringer and Lori Lynch. September, 2012.
- Crop Insurance Eligibility and Maryland's Cover Crop Program by Paul Goeringer and Lori Lynch. March, 2014.
- Crop Insurance For Maryland Field Crops and Livestock by Jay Harper, Penn State University, and Paul Goeringer, University of Maryland. July, 2016.
- Crop Insurance Primer by Howard Leathers and Paul Goeringer. January 2016.
- Federal Crop Insurance is Part of Farm Safety Net for Maryland Potato Producers by Sudeep Mathew, Paul Goeringer, and Lori Lynch. March, 2014.
- Federal Crop Insurance Program Expands in 2016 and 2017 to Cover More Organic Crops by Paul Goeringer and Howard Leathers. July 2017.
- New Crop Insurance Option for Diversified Farm Operations: Whole Farm Revenue Protection by Paul Goeringer and Howard Leathers. February 2015.
- Poultry Growers Will Have to Wait a Little Longer for Crop Insurance Coverage by Paul Goeringer and Howard Leathers. February 2016.
- Supplemental Coverage Option Expanding as Part of the Farm Safety Net by Paul Goeringer and Howard Leathers. September 2016.
- Supplemental Coverage Option Now a Part of the Federal Crop Insurance Program by Paul Goeringer and Howard Leathers. January 2015.
- Trend Adjusted Yield Option Introduced for Crop Insurance by Paul Goeringer. FS-970, August 2014.
- 2014 Changes for Organic Crop Insurance by Paul Goeringer and Lori Lynch. February 2014.
- 2014 Farm Bill Makes Changes to the Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program by Paul Goeringer and Howard Leathers. September 2015.
Maryland Risk Management Education Blog Posts:
- How to Handle Crop Insurance Proceeds and Farm Program Payments on Your Taxes by Paul Goeringer. Feb. 2016.
- New Beginning Producer Crop Insurance Benefits from 2014 Farm Bill by Paul Goeringer. March 2015.
- Quick Look at Yield Exclusion Option in the 2014 Farm Bill by Paul Goeringer. July 2015.